UK Graduate Study Scholarship USC Endorsement Application
The UK Scholarships Campus Endorsement process evaluates competitive USC candidates for the Churchill, Marshall, Mitchell and Rhodes Scholarships. Desired qualities are demonstrated through academic excellence, social responsibility, and evidence that a candidate will be a leader both within his or her profession and within the broader community.
Before applying for Campus Endorsement, please thoroughly review details for each of the UK Scholarships on the Academic Honors and Fellowships website:
• Churchill Scholarship
• Marshall Scholarship
• Mitchell Scholarship
• Rhodes Scholarship
USC applicants seeking University endorsement for one or more of the UK Scholarships must complete this application and submit all supplemental materials by Wednesday April 1, 2020 by 11:59pm.
At the time of application, an applicant must:
• be a U.S. Citizen (with the exception of Rhodes).
• be a rising senior or have graduated no more than two years before the Campus Endorsement deadline.
• have a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.70 (though average recipient GPA is above 3.90)
• have clear demonstration of strong academic capabilities and, if relevant, extensive research experience.
• have strong reasoning and dedication to pursuing graduate study in the United Kingdom or Ireland.
• have demonstration of leadership, moral character, and global cultural competency that support the applicant's ability to serve as a representative of the United States while abroad.
Letters of Reference
The UK scholarship campus endorsement process requires at least four (4) letters of reference from full-time or tenured faculty. References must discuss your academic performance, research contributions, intellectual capabilities, and potential fit for your proposed graduate program(s).
If relevant, references can also speak to your personal characteristics, leadership traits, and your potential to represent the United States abroad.
For Rhodes Candidates: While you only need four reference letters by the Campus Endorsement deadline, you must provide a list of all eight references as part of your Rhodes Scholarship essay prompt.